Some people succeed because they are destined, most people succeed because they are determined. -Unknown
We celebrate these women who are pressing for progress in their respective fields.
1. Afua Osei and Yasmine Bello are the Founders of She Leads Africa, a women’s social enterprise seeking to address challenges African women face in creating, growing, and sustaining their businesses and building a career.
2. Linda Ikeji is a Blogger, Writer, Entrepreneur and former Model. She is best known for her blog which has made her the highest paid blogger in Nigeria and one of the fastest rising entrepreneurs in the country.
3. Dr. Anita Kemi DaSilva-Ibru is the Founder of Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF). She is a strong advocate of gender equality and empowerment for all women and girls and is known for her unmitigated passion for women’s rights which led her to establish the Women at Risk International Foundation WARIF. She believes that it is our primary social responsibility to ensure that globally, all young girls and women live in a society free of rape and sexual violence.
4. Ngozi Edozien is the founder and Managing Director of Invivo Partners Limited. She has over 20 years’ experience in finance/private equity, general management and strategy/business development functions with multinational companies in Europe, USA and Africa. She was instrumental to Ikeja City Mall initiative which had been applauded in many quarters.
5. Nnedi Okoroafor is an international award-winning novelist of African-based science fiction, fantasy and magical realism for both children and adults. Nnedi is known for weaving African culture into creative evocative settings and memorable characters. In a profile of Nnedi’s work titled, ‘Weapons of mass creation’, The New York Times called Nnedi’s imagination ‘stunning’.
6. Funke Opeke is an experienced Telecommunications Executive who founded Main Street Technologies, and the C.E.O. of MainOne Cable. In a field that is fiercely dominated by men, we’re inspired by the way she keeps charting new courses.