After all the food, meat, and lots of drink we have had this weekend, the last thing we need is to fall ill just as the long weekend ends and a new work week starts. Lucky for you, we have gone ahead to suggest ways for you to detox your system in preparation for the new week. Detoxification involves resting, cleansing, and nourishing the body from the inside out by removing toxins and feeding your body with healthy nutrients. This can help protect you from diseases.
Detoxification helps the body’s natural cleansing process through:
- Stimulating the liver to eliminate toxins from the body;
- Promoting elimination through the kidneys, intestines, and skin;
- Resting the organs;
- Improving circulation of blood; and
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
Everyone needs to detox at least once a year, although nursing mothers, children, and patients with any kind of illness must do so with the expert guidance of a doctor.
Juicing is one of the healthy ways to detox when you incorporate a mixture of the fruits and vegetables that your body needs. But it is not the only way. You can detoxify your body by:
- Lightening your intake of toxins by eliminating things like alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugar, saturated fat, and more.
- Minimizing your use of chemical-based household products like shampoos, toothpastes, cleansers, and deodorant. Use natural alternatives instead.
- Reducing stress. Stress triggers the body to release stress hormones in the system which, in large quantities, can create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver.
- Eaingt foods rich in fiber like brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
- Taking herbs or incorporate them in your juices.
- Taking Vitamin C. It produces glutathione, a liver compound which drives away toxins.
- Drinking a lot of water. Doctors suggest at least 8 litres of water a day.
- Breathing fresh air deeply.
- Sweating. Whether through steam therapy or exercise, sweat helps remove toxins in the body.
- Exfoliating the skin opens your pores to make toxin removal easy.
Consult your Doctor for suggestions on exactly what nutrients your body needs and doesn’t need before you commence detoxification.