Scented candles are my absolute favorite piece in a home, I use them to add that final touch to a room. They come in different colours, sizes and fragrances, my love for them cannot be reiterated enough. Candles may as well be a currency in the interior design world; it is that important, I tell you.
That sweet smelling fragrance permeating a room is one of the highlights of my day,
I look forward to coming home to a fresh smelling house everyday. The sense of smell is one of the most important senses, and smells in the environment can be controlled in order to create certain moods.
So if you are new to aromatherapy, permit me to introduce you to a wonderful way of living.
Scented candles are an inexpensive way to create a particular atmosphere in a room, it gives off a subtle aroma that adds to the ambience created by the candlelight when it burns. Certain scents are said to help with various emotional, mental, physical and spiritual states including mental clarity and creating a relaxing mood that is great for those who have insomnia and want to get a good night’s rest.
Scented candles are made by adding fragrance oils to candle wax during the manufacturing process. It can be used in every room of the house, from the bathroom to the bedroom to the kitchen.
However, you should be aware of how to use scented candles in order to achieve the best effect. Take care with candles and be sure to use them in a safe way. This involves understanding how scented candles are made and how to interpret manufacturers’ descriptions in order to buy the perfect scents for your home. I’ll recommend you try these tips to best achieve your desired effect:
- Light scented candles to create the perfect mood when spending time with significant others. It sets the mood right.
- Don’t try to mask a persistent bad smell by adding scented candles, you run the risk of compounding the problem. It is generally better to eliminate an unpleasant odour through effective cleaning.
- Candles should always be used in a responsible manner to avoid injury and damage to property. Candles should be placed on heat-resistant surface and burned in proper holders. They should be kept away from curtains and upholstery, and they should not be placed under shelves. Lit candles should be kept clear of clothing and hair, and they should not be placed in areas where people may automatically lean across them to do other things.
- Always burn a candle for at least an hour to allow the candle wax to melt properly and provide sufficient time for the scent to evaporate. Remember to put it out once the candle wax has melted. Don’t light a candle if you are in a rush to leave home.
- For a longer-lasting fragrance, use different scents in different areas of the home, so the olfactory system can be stimulated as we walk from room to room.”
Hey there! Gentlemen, You might think that candles are best left to grandparents and women, but as a man’s home evolves, the way it smells is as important as the furniture you sit on and the art you hang on your walls. Candles make a home more inviting, whether you want your pad to smell of citrus, wood or tobacco, there are male-appropriate scents in the market for you.
Thanks for reading!
Photo credit: Images sourced from the web