If you have ever met a woman who is confident in her looks, no matter what she has on or looks like, you will be a believer in the relationship between beauty and confidence and the power of that joint relationship.
Being confident is no easy feat. It takes a lot of work as real confidence comes from within you. And with the constant pressure of social media and trends, it is easy to fall into the black hole of insecurity and lack of confidence. So how do you stop questioning yourself and free yourself off all that self-doubt and insecurity? By practicing confidence, one baby step at the time, of course. It’s time to become a more confident and beautiful you. Scroll down and read how.
- Look within yourself: This involves you knowing who you are, the things you are comfortable with and what makes you excessively self-conscious. Doing this helps you know what you can work with, the level of risk you can take in your style and beauty choices, and the trends you should avoid.
- Baby steps: Whatever you do, begin small. Many often make the mistake to rush into things, fail and feel discouraged. Instead, take your time, enjoy the process, set a small goal and celebrate your success. The more goals you achieve, the better you feel. After a few small successes, you’ll feel confident enough to set a bigger goal.
- Make friends with other confident people: The energy of those around you affects you: their words, actions, and decisions have a way of getting stuck in our subconscious and that is destructive. The next time you go out to make friends, make sure you watch them closely to know if they are confident about themselves first before you top yours.
- Experiment: Get comfortable with experimenting with your style and fashion choices. The best way to overcome fear is to face it. So, get out of your comfort zone, experiment, and beat ’em. You will gain confidence from every (tiny) experience.
- Groom yourself: Wear red lipstick (according to research the color is most associated with passion, confidence, and energy), book a nail treatment, treat yourself to a new haircut or buy a new dress. It’s amazing how much a small change can make for your self-image and mood.
- Be your own cheerleader: Recognize every little success and celebrate them. Look at a recent success and give yourself credit for it. It’s not an ego-thing, it’s healthy.
- Flirt: It’s pretty much harmless, it’s fun and it’s a total confidence booster. Women in particular benefit from flirting: according to research, female flirtation is perceived as confidence. Be careful to be classy about it and not over do it.
- Help someone: Ask a friend or a complete stranger what you can do for them today. It will make you feel good and you get the chance to get out of your own head.
- Ask your (confident) friends: For advice and encouragement. Why not ask them to write one thing down they love about you?
- Observe. Look at people you respect and who seem to be pretty confident. What is it they do differently and how can you learn from this?
It may take some time, but when you begin feeling confident in how you look, you will meet a whole new you and fall in love with yourself all over again.