We’ve spoken a good deal about weight loss and calories. It’s been well established that the way to lose weight is to or burn more calories than you consume. An easier step is to simply consume fewer calories. This is where many people fall short. We’re only human and thus, can’t help but eat calorie-dense foods from time to time. But believe it or not, it is even easier to drink calories than eat them. You’d be surprised how many calories are in some of our favorite drinks.
So, what is to be done? A few steps below should help:
1. Cutting back: the single easiest way to avoid drinking liquid calories is to reduce your intake altogether. We all love out fizzy drinks, but having 2 sodas a day won’t help anyone’s waistline if you’re trying to lose weight. Instead, relegate sodas to maybe once or twice a week.
2. Diluting: an old but effective trick for those who want to cut back on liquid calories is to dilute your drinks. If you usually have a bottle of coke, pour half or a quarter into a cup and add half a bottle of water. This way, you get some of the taste but with fewer calories.
3. Flavored water: flavored water is one of the best options if you’re trying to cut down on fruit juice ( you’d be surprised just how many calories are in a bottle of fruit juice). It tastes exactly like juice and has usually zero calories. It’s a winner in our book.
4. Diet everything; a lot of people want their soft drink experience without the hassle of calories. The drink industry recognizes that and so many of our favorite drinks have a ‘diet’ option. The diet versions have 0-10 calories a bottle and are great tasting all the same.
5. Water: of all the substitutes and hacks mentioned, no drink is better for a person Tring to lose weight than water. It has literally zero calories, is refreshing and has a Wealth of benefits to it.