On my way to work this morning, I sat beside beside a woman in the bus. Typically, I would use my headphones to listen to songs while I travel the distance from the Mainland to the Island, but not today. I chose to enjoy the ‘sights and sounds of Lagos. While the bus moved closer to my destination, bits of a conversation were caught by my ever attentive ears and, without intending to eavesdrop, I took in all the tears, shoulder jerks, and sad words that escaped this woman’s lips. And I felt terrible as I had heard all that she was going through but did not know how to react or help her.
Everyone has a battle they are fighting. Life gives us an enormous amount of ‘challenges’ that help shape us into who we are. Our strength comes from us being able to look our challenges in the face and tell it “Bring it on!” But for some people, like that woman in the bus, who did their best but somehow didn’t best the challenge, this is a post to help you get up, dust yourself off, look that challenge with its evil smirk in the eye and say, “I am broken and I need fixing. But when I’m done, I’ll give you dust!”
“I am broken and I need fixing”.
It might sound like one of those mantras that are nothing but just words, but , if you are willing to give it a try, after a while of you repeating it to yourself, you will come to fully believing it.
Moving forward, here are quotes to help you stay strong and live your best life:
- YOU hold the key to your freedom! YOU have all the answers within.
- All the strength you need is inside you. Look within you for your strengths and don’t stop moving forward.
- When it gets too hard, don’t give up. It’s amazing how things can turn around.
- Often, what feels like the end of the world is really a challenging pathway to a far better place.
- Let nothing control your loyalty (to yourself). There is something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.
I wish I could tell that woman all of these.
I hope you read this and stay strong. And if it gets too hectic, remember, you only need to fix yourself and give that challenge dust. Have the best week yet!