I’ve been travelling to South Africa since 2015 when I was fortunate enough to be offered an all expense trip to Durban for the MTV Base “Mama Awards”….who gonna say no to that??
Since then, it has been a roller coaster ride, and I’ve knocked off, Capetown, Johannesburg, Petoria and what an awesome experience! I love that S.A has so much to offer in terms of experiences, you can go romantic on the beach, or get your blood pumping with speed boats and theme park ride, spend a day at some beautiful spa’s lazing around of shop till you drop! I encourage you to embrace the spirit of adventure, test yourself, push your boundaries, and laugh a lot along the way. So sit back, and enjoy a traveler’s experience.
Here are some of my favourite quotes and amazing memories built thus far in #MYSAEXPERIENCE
10. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”— Mark Twain
Quad biking adventure around the African bush in a private game park named Letsatsing near Sun City and the Pilanesberg National Park. (Not far from J’burg) I encountered a lot of wildlife, Impala, majestic giraffes, and rhino footprints but I ain’t never scared!!
- “Not all those that wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Soaking up the sun, not a care in the world – The beaches in Durban, South Africa are top notch. They’ll serve you a nice hot meal with some bubbly to wash it down if you ask nicely!!
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” -Aristotle
Crouching Tiger, hidden dragon at Gold reef city adventure park – one of Johannesburg’s top theme park and entertainment destination.
- “Travelling will at first leave you speechless, then it will turn you into a story teller”.
My 2nd Helicopter ride – at the Nyaru Game Lodge – Western Cape province of South Africa
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ever walked an elephant before? This wasn’t my first time. Both times, it’s been in South Africa. You get an up-close experience at the Elephant and Monkey Sanctuary is situated in Hartbeespoort Dam, its about a 45 minutes drive from Sandton.
5. You can’t fly unless you let yourself fall.
Hot air ballon ride – Skeerpoort Balloon Field – Johannesburg, to travel is to LIVE!
4. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
In Cape-town before we took a drive in these vintage mustangs…. We rode from Melrose Arch Precinct (African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel) in Johannesbury to Cable car in Hartebeesport Dam; Harties as the locals call it.
- “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show.”
Sometimes, unwind with a massage! Spa treatment with Seyi Shay at Simola Spa and Golf resort in Knysna.
- “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures”
With the Gang – Sun City – Where Ay’s “10 days in Sun City: movie was shot.
- “You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.”
– Doctor Seuss
Table Mountain – Cape town – one of the natural wonders of the world, I can’t begin to explain how it feels literally sitting in clouds, you need to experience it.
Follow me on Instagram for more of my musings and what I get up to – @Liz_Osho