As if it needs any corroboration, it has been scientifically proven that Mondays are a drag. What with the weekend coming to an end and the pressure of work and ‘serious’ life hitting you smack in the face. And, if like me, you are not a morning person, I totally understand your hatred for that first work day of the week. But, on a brighter note, I have tips that can help you overcome your ‘hatred’ for the day.
Here are five(5) tips that can help you become a Monday person.
- Plan your Monday ahead of time. There is something about to-do lists that just helps keep you focused on your activities for the day that you forget to complain that it is a Monday. You don’t have to plan for every second of the day. But knowing the things that need to be done helps reduce the possibility of you having a slow day.
- Schedule like a professional. Oprah Winfrey says she schedules her daily activities so that she does the most difficult things first, and go down to the easiest activities of her day. You don’t have to start with the most difficult thing if your mind doesn’t work that way. You can schedule from your easiest activity to your most difficult. But however you do it, scheduling will make it easier for you to get through your day without it feeling like it’s a Monday.
- Be mentally prepared. This goes without saying. You need to mentally prepare for the pressure that comes with the first work day. You can’t handle it if you are not prepared for it.
- Be physically prepared. This includes the way you dress and what you eat. If you know that you will be having a full day of meetings, it makes more sense for you to wear shoes with reasonable heels as against those 6-inch Louboutins.
- Have a good dose of beauty sleep. The importance of sleep can not be overlooked. You need to sleep well to not only feel good, but to look good too. Our looks boosts our confidence which in turn affects our daily activities. So sleep well the night before.
Mondays set a tone for the rest of the week. You get Monday right, you will get the rest of the week right.