Looking back at her musical achievements so far in 2017, it may be right to say Mavin queen, Tiwa Savage, didn’t come to play !!!
We have selected our top 7 favourite moments of the Mavin Queen in 2017.
1. Tiwa Savage releasing her new EP, ‘Sugarcane’, a 6-track EP, with the likes of ‘Ma Lo’, featuring Wizkid and ‘All Over’.
2. The visuals for her hit song ‘Ma Lo’. We love how she keeps coming back with something different everytime. Tiwa Savage is not afraid to take a risk.
3. The moment of her winning the Best West African Female Artiste at the #AFRIMAAwards and she performed as well. She brought it home !!
4. The singer received alot of backlash for not wearing footwear while onstage and for lip-syncing and her response only made us love her more.
5. Tiwa Savage performed at the Essence “Black Women in Music” Event earlier in the year which is help to celebrate women that are making significant strides in the music industry.
6. She was on the BBC 100 list of top inspirational and innovative women in 2017 and her reaction was priceless.
“Don’t let being a woman hinder you, I have and still have to fight to get people to respect and appreciate my work and not limit me because I am female. So this really encourages me to keep pushing and breaking boundaries,” she said.
“It’s true when they say your brightest moments usually come after your darkest times. Keep your head up and work hard through it. The same people laughing at you will celebrate you. Do not let anything hold you back because you are a mother, wife, young, older or a female. You can never leave a footprint that will last if you are always working on tiptoes,” she said further quoting Leymar Gbowee, popular Liberian female activist.She also urged her fans to ““put God first, enjoy life, love, be a good human and do what makes you happy.”
7. I don’t think we can condense her fashion style this year being our favourite thing about her. Tiwa Savage went all out this year and she looked good doing it. Check out some of our favourite looks in the year 2017.