It’s Friday and what better time to relax at home, either with friends or family and sip on some amazing cocktail? Cocktails are refreshing, healthy and a better way to step up your fluidity.
If you are up for learning some cocktail recipes, we have got you covered.
ZOBO COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 2 cups zobo (hibiscus) leaves
- 1 piece of pineapple
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Ginger cloves (Optional)
- 2 pieces of lime
How To Make Zobo Cocktail Drink
- Wash the hibiscus leaves to take out the dust and peel and cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Put the zobo leaves in a pot and pour about 6 cups of water in.
- Add the pineapple chunks and allow to boil for about a few minutes.
- Peel and chop the ginger and crush the cloves. Pour into the pot and allow it to boil for about 30 minutes. You might need to add a little water, although that,depends on how concentrated you want it.
- Remove from the cooker and add honey.
- Stir and leave it to cool, then sieve out the liquid.
- Pour the zobo into a glass and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
THE PURPLE COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 1 shot (45ml) vodka
- 2 shots (90ml) lemonade
- 1/3 shot (15ml) Blue Curaçao
- Dash (7ml) of Grenadine
- Ice cubes
- Purple sugar for rim
- Lemon wedge for rim
- Lemon slice, to garnish
- Pre-chill ingredients in a freezer to avoid using too much ice.
- Make purple sugar by mixing sugar with a little Blue Curaçao and Grenadine.
- Rim the edge of your glass with a lemon wedge and purple sugar.
- Add ice cubes into a shaking glass.
- Combine vodka, lemonade, blue curaçao and grenadine in the glass.
- Shake properly.
- Strain the mix into the rimmed glass over ice if desired.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
THE WATERMELON COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 1 large watermelon
- 1 750-ml bottle white wine
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 cup soda water
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups assorted fresh or frozen fruit, such as pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries
How to prepare
- Slice off the top third of the watermelon lengthwise (save for later use) and score fruit with a knife.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out watermelon and transfer to a blender.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. (If desired, strain seeds.)
- Add white wine, rum, soda water, and lime juice and stir until combined, then add limes and fruit.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, then serve.