Genevieve celebrates these G
1. The Bobsled Team – Seun Adigun, NgoziOnwumere and AkuomaOmeoga shaped history to become Nigeria’s first women’s bobsled team in the Winter Olympics.
2. Omobola Johnson Used her influential position as Minister of Information, Communications and Technology to create programs and policies that will ensure that Nigerian girls become active participants in the ICT sector by launching the ‘SmartWomen Initiative’ and the ‘1000 Girls in Training’ program. She’s also the founding chairperson of Women in Management and Business (WIMBIZ), a non-governmental organization seeking to improve the success rate of female entrepreneurs as well as increase the number of women in senior positions in corporate organizations.
3. Bolanle Austen-Peters is known as a game changer who stormed the entertainment industry with a bang and has continued to stay at the top. She is a lawyer turned culture promoter. Austen-Peters has hit the international mark. First, her award winning ‘Wakaa the Musical’ was the first Nigerian stage play to grace a London Theatre. She recently went back to the British terrain to showcase the finest of Nigerian culture at The Shaw Theatre in West London in a six-day stage play.
4. Maya Horgan-Famodu is the founder/Chief Executive of Ingressive, an investment group that backs top African tech, and leads investment tourism “Tour of Tech” to the continent. She’s brought companies including Y Combinator to Nigeria. She is the gatekeeper between tech investors and the Africa entrepreneur ecosystem.
5. Emmanuella Samuel is one of the most popular comedians in Nigeria, and she is only seven years old. Her talent was discovered by Mark Angel who nurtured her career in comedy and together, they have built the ‘Emmanuella’ brand up to the global level. She has a YouTube Gold award, has starred in an advert for Wikipedia and hosted Nickeledeon’s Nick Fest show. She also made Mark Angel Comedy the most subscribed YouTube channel in Nigeria. In 2016, Emmanuella was awarded the Best New Comedienne and Princess of Comedy at the Afro-Australia Music and Movie Awards in Australia while Mark Angel Comedy won Best Sub-Saharan Channel at the YouTube Awards in 2017.Emmanuella is working on a movie with Disney.
6. Mrs. Nimi Akinkugbe is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Bestman Games Ltd, the African distributor of customized editions of Monopoly, Hasbro’s world famous game. She is the pioneer for personal finance literacy of the general populace of Nigeria, and after a distinguished banking career spanning over 2 decades, Mrs. Nimi turned her attention to providing frank, practical insights to create a greater awareness and understanding of personal finance and wealth management issues under the auspices of the brand “Money Matters with Nimi,” through speaking engagements, television and radio appearances and social media, the Monopoly Board Games and her book, “A – Z of Personal Finance”. Through these platforms, she has been able to empower people to take responsibility for this most important aspect of their lives and she is not stopping.